Shelby’s Top 5 Moments as a Substitute Teacher
Being a substitute teacher is CRAZY! Here are just a few of the funny moments I’ve experienced this school year:
5. Last fall I taught PE. Watching 20 kids try not to kill each other in a game of Jail Ball was definitely an exhilarating experience. I felt more like a referee than a teacher!
4. Teaching kindergarten on Halloween. When you mix costumes, candy, and a class party with a group of 4 and 5 year olds the result leads to mass chaos. My thoughts were put best in the words of a parent I spoke to: “They should pay subs double on days like these!”
3. Teaching band. Enough said.
2. Upon arrival at a school (where I was supposed to be in the library) the principal pulls me aside and asks, “Would you mind teaching 6th grade today instead? Their teacher’s water broke in the car on her way here.” Yikes!
1. Having at least 5 people a day (including principals, secretaries, and students) ask, “Did you know that your eye is red?” It’s been that way my whole life people, AAHHHH!!!!