5 Things That Won’t Save You And 5 Reasons Why: Yourself
The mortality rate has been, is, and always will be 100% (with a few notable biblical exceptions). You are going to die someday. And you are going to go somewhere (just ask Don Piper). So just what do most people think is going to happen to them? In the book Heaven by Randy Alcorn, he says:
Jesus taught that the gate to Heaven was narrow. Americans must not grasp that truth because for every person who believes he’s going to hell, 120 believe they are going to Heaven.
Like the balance sheets at GM and AIG, something about that just doesn’t add up. So over the course of this series, we are going to take a look at 5 things that aren’t going to save you and 5 things the bible has to say about them.
- You are a sinner. – Romans 3:23, 5:12
- You are not smart as you think you are. – 1st Corinthians 1:25
- You are not the judge. – 1st Corinthians 11:31-32
- You have to be perfect. – Matthew 5:48
- You can’t hide from God. – Psalm 139